[GCFL-discuss] Questions for the day

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Dec 11 11:18:34 CST 2003

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 09:37:49AM -0600, gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net wrote:

> Same here, a friend of mine at this same company forwarded me an e-mail and
> at the bottom it read remember when the funniest jokes were clean ones?
> And there was a link and I clicked it and haven't regretted it since!

Stop it... You all are going to make me cry! ;-)

Seriously, it's amazing how GCFL has grown into what it is
today.  I used to just send out a good joke that someone
forwarded to me to my friends.  Those friends would tell
their friends, and they would ask me to send my jokes to
them too... Soon I had 100 people in my address book in
Outlook, and it was getting a pain to add and remove
people manually, so I moved it all to an automated list
system.  That was Dec 1996.

Later I created a web page and started keeping the
archives.  I did that because I would get requests from
people saying "hey, do you have that joke about the
rabbit?"  I needed a way to search the archive.

The rest is history.

- John

--
Yoda of Borg we are, Futile resistance is, Assimilate you we will.

www.GCFL.net (The Good, Clean Funnies List): Good, clean
funnies five times a week, no ads, for f_r_e_e!