[GCFL-discuss] An Onion for Texas...
Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List
gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Mar 30 12:03:07 CDT 2010
The Onion is either spot-on or irrelevantly raunchy. It has captured the
spirit of the latest text book standards adopted by the Texas Board of
* Inserting paragraph clarifying that the poor guy Rosa Parks wouldn't
give up her seat for was on crutches and really needed to give his dogs a
rest; also, he later died.
* More focus on civic issues, particularly the separation of church and
* Discussion of the debate between liberal and conservative geologists
about what constitutes an "igneous" rock.
* Tamping down traditional pro-Stalin stance.
* Expanded section on Latino contribution to American landscaping.
* Dividing number of Vietnamese civilian casualties by two due to their
* Christopher Columbus was for lower taxes, but all that the Native
Americans he encountered wanted to do was spend, spend, spend.
Staples® - Weekly Ad
Incredible deals at Staples! Buy 1 get 1 case paper and much more!!
More information about the GCFL-discuss