[GCFL-discuss] survey

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Nov 19 22:50:31 CST 2003

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 09:23:46PM -0600, gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net wrote:
> John,
>     I think it would be easier if there was not total anonymity.  Maybe
> allow the user name to go through, but not the e-mail.  Just something where
> we can tell who is talking.  Maybe that is exactly what you are trying to
> avoid, but I think it will help keep conversations going if you can tie
> people to what is being said.  Just my $.02 worth (which after the
> government claims its share is totally worthless).
>
> Eagle

Check the archives at
http://gcfl.net/pipermail/gcfl-discuss/ to see the huge
discussion we had relating to the anonymous settings.

I wish there was a way to tell who is who without using
email addresses with this mailing list manager, but there
is not at the time, and I don't know of any mailing list
manager that does that.

Maybe instead of using a mailing list I should setup a
forum system.  I'll think about that, but for now this is
the way it has to be.

- John (the guy that runs everything around here :)

--
Well, if Jerry Springer isn't educational TV, why does it
make me feel so much smarter?

www.GCFL.net (The Good, Clean Funnies List): Good, clean
funnies five times a week, no ads, for f_r_e_e!