[GCFL-discuss] IRC?

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Nov 21 16:46:05 CST 2003

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 10:30:00PM +0000, gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net wrote:
> What is an Irc channel? And could i use it from my cell like i do this,or would i have to have a pc at home? Jim

I don't think you would be able to use your cell with it.

Check here if you have web access:
http://www.mirc.com/irc.html

Here's a short intro:
Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is one of the most popular and
most interactive services on the Internet. IRC is the
net's equivalent of CB radio. But unlike CB, Internet
Relay Chat lets people all over the world participate in
real-time conversations.

Using an IRC client (program) you can exchange text
messages interactively with other people all over the
world. When logged into a chat session, you "converse" by
typing messages that are instantly sent to other chat
participants.

- John

--
"Of all the things I miss from veterinary practice, puppy
breath is one of the most fond memories!" -- Dr. Tom Cat

www.GCFL.net (The Good, Clean Funnies List): Good, clean
funnies five times a week, no ads, for f_r_e_e!