[GCFL-discuss] Topic for Nov. 23 2003

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Nov 24 15:57:39 CST 2003

I think Bush is the best among the available candidates.  I suspect that his
going into Iraq may have been influenced by a vendetta for his father.
Nevertheless, we have to deal with the reality that we ARE there.

The people we are fighting against understand only one language: superior
force.  Any withdrawals, good-guy gestures, unilateral reductions, etc. are
seen as weakness and are an incentive to attack further.  If we were to
withdraw tomorrow, the threat of suicide bombings and other guerilla attacks
-- and the threat of terrorism on our home turf -- would increase
geometrically.

That said, I do not think GCFL is the appropriate forum for such heavy
discussions.

Zvi

otherwise confidential information.  Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
be unlawful.  If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to CSOffice at smed.com.  Thank you