[GCFL-discuss] Topic for Nov. 23 2003

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Nov 25 08:52:55 CST 2003

Yolanda,
      Sorry I cannot sit by and let your last e-mail go with a rebuttal.
First off I don't care what percentage of people voted for GWB, and really
it does not matter.  What matters is what percentage of electorial college
votes he won.  Like it or not that is the law, and both sides knew that
going in.  The Supreme Court did not "elect" Bush, they allowed Gore to
recount ballots and in over a month he had not found enough missed votes to
turn the election.  At the rate they were going it would not found them
either.  The just ended the mess and when they did because whoever won
needed some time to get his cabinet and stuff in place.  The few mistakes
that were found were in very pro-Gore areas.  If a statewide hand recount
was allowed I think that Bush would have regained some of those votes in the
more pro-Bush areas.

Eagle