[GCFL-discuss] Topic for Nov. 23 2003

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Nov 25 14:53:28 CST 2003

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 12:57:49PM -0600, gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net wrote:

> I think it should be more like email her and make up!  She told me to stop
> sending her emails because she doesn't like reading "junk".  She said if I
> didn't stop she would block my email address.  My life to my mom is "junk".
> Hmmmpphhh!

I don't know, but I can understand the junk email thing.
I hate it when someone starts sending me lots of emails to
my personal address.  I also wade through almost 1,000
emails a day, and to get more from a friend or family
member is actually a pain.

I guess it's because when I receive email from someone I
know, I expect it to be something personal and important.
When it turns out to be a semi-funny (or less) email that
they have forwarded without any personalization, it's
quite a let down.

If you will take the time to add a simple, personal note
at the top of the email, and maybe even clean up the email
before forwarding it (i.e. edit out all the previous email
addresses and misc. junk that gets added to forwarded
emails) I bet your Mom would appreciate you effort a lot
more.  I know I do.

Finally, save your good emails and only forward a maximum
of one per day.  One of the biggest things I think people
like about GCFL is the fact that you only get one a day
instead of a bunch.  If you don't check your email in a
day or two it can really pile up.

- John

--
You read about all these terrorists: most of them came
here legally, but they hung around on these expired visas,

www.GCFL.net (The Good, Clean Funnies List): Good, clean
funnies five times a week, no ads, for f_r_e_e!