[GCFL-discuss] Topic for Nov. 23 2003

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Nov 25 16:31:35 CST 2003

Rev Ev,

Thank you so much for that, and yes I do understand that I need to forgive
her.  Like I said she is coming for Thanksgiving and I don't know how
someone can keep forgiving one for the hurtful things that they say.  Like
you said you do not know the whole story, and no I was not an obidient
child, but I did not have loving parents to teach me to be obedient either.
I have to go now, because it is 4:30, but I will write to you guys more
tomorrow morning.  Thanks again, and I will ponder very hard on those
thoughts.  The more I watch my children grow the more I fill them with love
and my heart just aches knowing that my mom did not do this for me.  Maybe
she didn't know how to be a mother, maybe she was too busy with her social
life.  I don't know.  Hasta Manana!

Yolanda Cruz
Accounts Payable
Invensys Building Systems, Inc.
1354 Clifford Ave
Loves Park, IL 61111
Phone: 815 637 3124    Fax: 815 637 5321
E-mail: yolanda.cruz at invensys.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify the sender by e-mail at the address shown.  This e-mail
transmission may contain confidential information.  This information is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom it is
intended even if addressed incorrectly.  Please delete it from your files
if you are not the intended recipient.  Thank you for your compliance.

                      gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
                      Sent by:                                            To:       Yolanda <yolanda.cruz at invensys.com>
                      gcfl-discuss-bounces_yolanda.cruz=invensys.c        cc:       "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List"
                      om at gcfl.net                                          <gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net>
                                                                          Subject:  Re: [GCFL-discuss] Topic for Nov. 23 2003

                      11/25/03 03:52 PM

Hi Yolanda.

I have not read all the messages about your mom but I'd like to offer you
some help.  I don't know your entire story - but you have to get past the
hurt and get to a place that will enable you to forgive your mother.
Forgiveness is not 'option' if you want to go on with your life and not
always be a victim.  Forgiveness is absolutely necessary.  I don't mean to
imply that you did anything wrong.  I am just saying in order for you to be
free of the hold and effects of those hurts, you need to forgive her.

A few points about forgiveness:

Forgiveness leads to life.  Unforgiveness is a slow death.
Forgiveness is a two-way street.  God forgives you - you forgive others.
Forgiveness is a choice.  You have to choose to forgive.  If you want to be
forgiven, you have to forgive. (Lk. 6:37)  God loves your mom as much as he
loves you.
Forgiveness does not make the other person right - it makes you free!
Forgiveness is an ongoing process.  Things may happen again.

Do not let anything be an obstacle to your healing and freedom.
Unforgiveness is that obstacle.  As long as you hold something against her,
you are "tied" to her.

If you can,  talk to her about this problem.  Your healing and release does
not depend on an admission of guilt or an apology from her.  (I want to
suggest also that you look back and think over your life to see if you were
an obedient child - did you give your mom grief, etc...maybe she has some
hidden resentment or unforgiveness toward you.??  Sometimes, things can be
ironed out when the cards are put on the table.  "Stuff" comes out!  :-)
But be aware that she may not respond as you would like.

In any case, forgiveness is the key.   Releasing the hurt is the point.   I
hope you can work things out with your mother.  Life is so short.  We can't
do anything about the past,  but we have to prepare for the future.  Each
day is a new opportunity to get it right.

"Rev. Ev"

P.S.
I cook my turkey about 3-4 hrs. at about 375.  (12-14 lbs.)
Wash it - inside and out - and make sure you get the bag of giblets out of
the cavity! lol..   I add seasoning to the inside of it too!  (salt,
pepper, butter)  I cook it covered.  (to prevent drying)  Rub the breast
with a little butter and a little paprika.  (helps with browning)  If you
get the kind with the thermometer in it , when it pops out, your bird
should be done.   Another suggestion:  Cook it with the breast "down" so
the juices will help keep it moist!  (I never have 'dry' turkey)  GOOD LUCK
WITH YOUR TURKEY and your mom...)

God Bless you abundantly today and always!!!