[GCFL-discuss] Scarey & embarassing moment

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Apr 6 18:57:55 CDT 2004

I went fishing with my husband in our canoe, after fishing awhile I spotted a porta-potty.  Aha what a great find!  I asked my husband to pull the boat over and let me out on the bank.  Now it had been raining hard for several days,  I stepped out and immediately found myself sinking in river mud.  I thought it was all over, I sunk so quickly up to my hips.  I reached back and grabbed the side of the canoe and hung on for dear life.  I now realized I was not going to die in the mud...so I started laughing at my predicament.  My husband wasn't so sure I was safe yet, so he starts yelling "This is no laughing matter" which makes me laugh all the more.  After much effort I was able to pry myself from the mud and back into the canoe.  I guess I know now, why they call it quicksand.

Carla from GA  (welcome to the new people on board)