[GCFL-discuss] DO NOT DELETE! IT'S WORTH READING!

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Apr 8 00:44:50 CDT 2004

      Hey guys... I thought I'd pass this on because I think it has a
very good message.  You may not like it but lease read it. If you don't
like it don't pass it on but I definately found it very worth reading.
 Thank you all
 Jeff

Subject: [Fwd: I Have Time]

Read only if you have time for God. Let me tell you, make sure
you read all the way to the bottom. I almost deleted this email
but I was blessed when I got to
the end.
                Subject: READ ONLY IF YOU HAVE TIME FOR GOD
God, when I received this e-mail, I thought...I don't have time for
this... And, this is really inappropriate during work.  Then, I realized
that this kind of thinking is... Exactly, what has caused lot of the
problems in our world today.  We try to keep God in church on Sunday
morning... Maybe, Sunday night...  And, the unlikely event of a midweek
service. We do like to have Him around during sickness... And, of course,
at funerals. However, we don't have time, or room, for Him during work or
play...  Because... That's the part of our lives we think...We can, and
should, handle on our own.  May God forgive me for ever thinking....
That... there is a time or place where...  HE is not to be FIRST in my
life.  We should always have time to remember all HE has done and is
doing for us.  If, You aren't ashamed to do this...  Please follow the
directions.  Jesus said, "If you are ashamed of me, I will be
ashamed of you before my Father."  Not ashamed?  Pass this on ONLY IF YOU
MEAN IT!!  Yes, I do Love God.  HE is my source of existence and is my
Savior. He keeps me functioning each and every day. WithoutHim, I am and
will be nothing. Without Him, I am nothing. But, with Christ, HE
strengthens me. (Phil 4:13) This is the simplest test.  If You Love
God... And, are not ashamed of all the marvelous things HE has done for
you...  Send this to ten people AND the person who sent it to you! I
don't think I know more than 10 people who would admit they love Jesus.
Do you love Him? Read this thing thaz next all the way through. Here's:
"THE POEM" I knelt to pray but not for long,  I had too much to do.  I
had to hurry and get to work for bills would soon be due.  So I knelt and
said a hurried prayer,  And jumped up off my knees.  My Christian duty
was now done  My soul could rest at ease.  All day long I had no time  To
spread a word of cheer. No time to speak of Christ to friends,....They'd
laugh at me I'd fear.  No time, no time, too much to do, That was my
constant cry,  No time to give to souls in need But at last came time,
the time to die. I went before the Lord. I came and I stood with downcast
eyes. For in his hands God held a book; It was the book of life.  God
looked into his book and said
"Your name I cannot find." I once was going to write it down...  But
never found the time."
Now do you have the time to pass it on? Make sure that you scroll through
to the end.  Here's something else to read: "Easy vs. Hard"  Why is it so
hard to tell the truth but Yet so easy to tell a lie?  Why are we so
sleepy in church but right when the sermon is over we suddenly wake up?
Why is it so hard to talk about God but yet so easy to talk about trash?
Why is it so boring to look at a Christian magazine, but yet so easy to
look at a nasty one?  Why is it so easy to delete a Godly e- mail, but
yet we forward all of the nasty ones?  Why are the churches getting
smaller but yet thebars and dance clubs are getting larger? Do you give
up? Think about it. Are you going to forward this, or delete it?
Just remember-God is watching you. Prayer Wheel- Let's (not) see the
devil stop this one!!  Here's what the wheel is all about. When you
receive this, say a prayer for the person that sent it to you.... That's
all you have to do....  There is nothing attached....  This is so
powerful....  Do not stop the wheel, please....  Of all the free gifts we
may receive, Prayer is the very best one....  There are no costs, but
there are wonderful rewards...
GOD BLESS! May God keep you and bless you. If this doesn't give you
chills, nothing will...this message is very true. Hope you are all as
blessed as I was from this story. I wonder how many people will delete
this without reading it because of the title on it? Here's one last
thought:  There once was a man named George Thomas, pastor in a small New
England town. One Easter Sunday morning he came to the Church carrying a
rusty, bent, old bird cage, and set it by the pulpit. Eyebrows were
raised as he placed it on the pulpit. as if in response, Pastor Thomas
began to speak..."I was walking through town yesterday when I saw a young
boy coming toward me swinging this bird cage.  On the bottom of the cage
were three little wild birds, shivering with cold and fright. I stopped
the lad and asked, "What yougot there, son?" "Just some old birds," came
the reply.  "What are you gonna do with them?" I asked.  "Take 'em home
and have fun with 'em," he answered. "I'm gonna tease 'em and pull out
their feathers to make 'em fight. I'm gonna have a real good time."  "But
you'll get tired of those birds sooner or later. Then what will you do?"
"Oh, I got some cats," said the little boy.  "They like birds. I'll take
'em to them."  The pastor was silent for a moment. "How much do you want
for those birds, son?"  "Huh?? !!! Why, you don't want them birds,
mister.  They're just plain old field birds. They don't sing. They ain't
even pretty!" "How much?" the pastor asked again.  The boy sized up the
pastor as if he were crazy and said, "$10?"  The pastor reached in his
pocket and took out a ten dollar bill. He placed it in the boy's hand. In
a flash, the boy was gone. The pastor picked up the cage and gently
carried it to the end of the valley where there was a tree and a grassy
spot. Setting the cage down, he opened the door, and by softly tapping
the bars persuaded the birds out, setting  them free.  Well, that
explained the empty bird cage on the pulpit, and then the pastor began to
tell this story.  One day Satan and Jesus were having a conversation.
Satan had just come from the Garden of Eden, and he was gloating and
boasting. "Yes, sir, I just caught the world full of people down there.
Set me a trap, used bait I knew they couldn't resist. Got 'em all!"
"What are you going to do with them?" Jesus asked. Satan replied, "Oh,
I'm gonna have fun! I'm gonna teach them how to marry and divorce each
other, how to hate and abuse
each other, how to drink and smoke and curse. How to haev sex before
marriage.
I'm gonna teach them how to invent guns and bombs and kill each other for
no reason but hate. I'm really gonna have fun!"  "And what will you do
when you get done with them?" Jesus asked. "Oh, I'll  kill 'em," Satan
said as he glared proudly.  "How much do you want for them?" Jesus asked.
"Oh, you don't want those people. They ain't no
good. Why, you'll take them and they'll just hate you. They'll spit on
you, curse you and kill you. You don't want those people!!"  "How much?"
Jesus asked again.  Satan looked at Jesus and sneered, "All your blood,
tears and your life."  Jesus said, "DONE!"  Then He paid the price.  The
pastor picked up the cage he opened the door and he walked from the
pulpit.  Notes: Isn't it funny how simple it is for people to trash God
and then wonder why the world's headed to hell. Isn't it funny how
someone can say "I believe in God" but still follow Satan(who, by the
way, also "believes" in God).  Isn't it funny how you can send a thousand
jokesthrough e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start
sendingmessages regarding  the Lord, people think twice about sharing?
Isn't it funny how when you go to forward this message,  you will not
send it to many on your address list because you're not sure what they
believe or what they will think of you for sending it to them.  Isn't it
funny how I can be more worried about what other people think of me than
what God thinks of me. I pray, for everyone who sends this to their
entire address book, they will be blessed by God in a way special for
them. And don't forget to send it back to the personwho sent it to you,
to let them know that indeed it was sent out to many more and they're not
alone.I may not know the future, but I DO know the One who does. Take a
Stand today... Start with this!!! I luv all u guys & gals, thaz why i
sent this to u. But God loves u more, so please don't just ignore:)
                   ~*Britt Torres*~
                  ~*Marcus Beachy*~
                  -*Jeff Zimmerman*-