[GCFL-discuss] (no subject)

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Apr 8 23:13:02 CDT 2004

Hi,
He hasn't been to Iraq, has spent most of the last 3 in Kosovo and Germany.  I think he is still there, but should be home stateside before too long.  He has been in Marines and Army since he was 18 except for a 3 year college thing while still in reserves.  He switched services when the Marines cut officers and he wanted to go on up.  He is in intellegence, but used to fly.  He is 42 now so may retire before too long.  His wife has a masters in Special education and he has a masters in something else.  I forget what my sister said.
Did you want to quit or was the decomission what put you out?  Why I was in the reserves oodles of years ago we lost 50 of our officers when they changed out unit from PSYOPS to POW-Psyops.  It was a bummer and I quit after 4.  Made SSG in 3.  I didn't join until I was 32 as when I was 18 I was married and women couldn't join if married then.
It was a great time for me as I was Batallion Supply Sergeant.
Nancy

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net wrote:

Hey Nancy.  Has your nephew had the 'priviledge' of going to Iraq?  What outfit is he with?

I'm an army man myself.  My old unit has been 'decommisioned' though thanks to Mr. Clinton.

Frank

Nance