[GCFL-discuss] Hi Siarlys

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sun Apr 18 20:40:30 CDT 2004

Dear Nance,

I think the most blatant example of someone who would kill you in a
heartbeat is found in the facts underlying the Supreme Court's MORALES
case, from California. The petitioner was in prison for murder, when an
older woman doing prison work visited him, and eventually married him.
Shortly after he was paroled, he killed her, took all her movable
valuables, chopped up he corpse to scatter around, and split. When the
parole board decided to wait eight years between hearings, because there
was no way they would parole him anyway, he went to court. He lost. I
read the case because now, every AG in the country cites it to say the
parole board can do anything it wants for any reason. That isn't so --
its simply that is was more than reasonable in this case not to go
through the motion of hearings for someone this cold blooded, because
he'd already blown a second chance and nobody was going to take any more
chances on him for a very long time, if ever.

Siarlys