[GCFL-discuss] weekend...and note... and anecdote....

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Apr 20 09:20:00 CDT 2004

____Quama, son, you need to get your brakes fixed, next time it might not be an ugly pillar and you might want to really, really, really stop.  "I say, fix it or park it."  That's what I would say, if I were your mother.
Carla from Georgia
  I have a great story of something that happened today, though.  I was driving home tonight, and it was a little slippery out.  I was turning into my driveway, so I did the typical signaling and whatnot, and waited for a break in traffic.  Now, there are two things you need to know: first, there are brick pillars marking the driveway.  These pillars are crooked and look really ugly.  The second thing you need to know is that the brakes don't work properly on the massively-huge-farm truck I was driving, and sometimes the brakes kind of "give out" and the car moves forward without your "consent".

  Well, as you can well imagine, the brakes gave out just as I was hitting the accelerator, so trying to stop the car, I ended up not exactly hitting the driveway... I hit one of the pillars.  The truck has a tiny (very tiny!) dent in the bumper, but the pillar was knocked right out of the ground, broke into a few pieces, hit against a rock wall right behind it, and the garbage box nearby was knocked off it's cement slab...

  No one seems to mind, though.  Th bumper of the truck was already damaged, no one liked the pillar anyway, and it's easy to put the garbage box back onto the slab.  No harm done. :)

  ~Quama