[GCFL-discuss] Putting Things into perspective

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Apr 23 22:47:40 CDT 2004

Dear greenBubble,

Al Gore was on every side of every issue. That is why I refused to vote
for him in 2000. I see Kerry differently. (I also refused to vote for
George Bush: in the spirit of old Japanese monster movies, I called that
elections "Anti-Christ vs. The Blob," featuring Gore as the Blob).

I expect Kerry to disappoint me, but he is consistent in what he stands
for, he is floundering a bit on how to present it. But polls are going to
go up or down for months before the election. If I were him, I wouldn't
be trying to get too specific yet. Why give the other side a clear target
too soon? It is an unfortunate feature of long election seasons. I would
like to see primaries limited to starting no earlier than April 1.

I actually would vote for anyone reasonably decent just to get Bush out.
As my mother, a life-long Republican in the east Tennessee tradition
said, "He's done a lot of damage to this country." (She is also
embarrassed to see a Republican administration engaged in such runaway
deficit spending).

But as to all politicians being crooks, that was someone else's comment.
I merely noted that if it is true, then nobody's candidate is left
standing.