[GCFL-discuss] A tiny cell phone

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Apr 26 16:08:13 CDT 2004

While I was in the emergency room with my daughter last week,  I noticed the man in the next bed,
His head was bandaged, I asked if he had hit his head, he pointed to the light fixture and said he
had an electric shock that had knocked him off a ladder.  I congratulated him that he was still talking and looked as good as he did.  What struck me was the image of this big guy sitting up in bed, staring at this tiny cell phone that he cradled in his hand.   I guess waiting for a loved one to return his call.
It reminded me of how we each have a need to stay connected to others, family, friends, people.
Carla