[GCFL-discuss] Old cowboy goes to church

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Apr 27 10:33:12 CDT 2004

Eagle,

That is exactly my point. How far do you lean for someone who can't exactly wear nice clothes when they can.

THEY SHOULD  MAKE TIME.

When you make a dedication to god, you don't just come as you are unless you REALLY  can't change your clothes. Even then they should sit in the back, so as to be considerate to others.
My mom is a nurse and her shift went right into the first minute of 'church'. She brought a change of clothes. She would change in the bathroom, so as not to be offencive to others.
Would you really want to stumble others in their way of thinking of HOW TO DRESS when it comes to god.

Don't you think you should consider yourself an example to others in what you wear???

I can understand a CAMP being in jeans and tshirts. As long as it's modest and you show you represent god's work (modesty and respect). If this is a camp for the teaching's of god?! This is something so as not to stumble others.

I went to an orange grove to pick oranges for 'church'. When I went, I made sure I wasn't wearing logos, nothing tight or revealing, and modest. You want to set an example WHEREEVER you go.

Posh

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net wrote:
Posh,
I agree that people should dress up some, but within reason. I work
at a church camp where we hold our own services on Sunday morning. There
the only people who are not in shorts and T shirts are the ones who also
went to a service in town. This is very normal and expected because of the
nature of the camp. You have to always you are going to get filthy and they
don't want to make everybody go change between church and lunch.

I would have no problem with the guy showing up in what he did. He is by
definition a cowboy. Probably living payday to payday. Also a job where
you are outside working in all kinds of conditions. Despite this "the old
man and his clothes were spotlessly clean." He took the time to make
himself as nice as he could.

Eagle