[GCFL-discuss] DRESSING UP OR WEARING ANY OLD THING

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Apr 28 01:38:39 CDT 2004

          Posh,
 MY dad would probably agree with you... I however have my own personal
opinion. I kind gotta agree with lance cause I mean you can't base your
Salvation on how you dress. However I agree it is good to wear
respectable clothing to church. I mean I wear jeans some but  when I do
they are never faded & are almost always new or very close to it. I
always try to wear my best whether it is Khakis or jeans or corduroys. I
think there is a happy medium. I mean I think if its immodest you
shouldn't wear it otherwise  I believe it is how you are convicted by
God. ( I BELIEVE If you have a close walk with him you will be able to
know what he wants you to do) I mean for one person it may not be an
issue & for the next they might feel led to dress up. I mean for a lot of
people it is an issue to dress up  & the next one doesn't feel a twinge
of guilt wearing shorts to church. I agree with lance on the part about
if clothing  totally controls your worship that you could turn people
away.  I also think it has a lot to with family customs as well as how
you are raised ( MEANING THAT CAN REALLY INFLUENCE HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THE
SUBJECT)

           If you look across the majority of churches across America you
will see the formality of it all dwindle away. Look back a hundred years
ago or more when people dressed up they looked a lot like the Amish do (
PA Dutch)  but just because the way society dresses slowly changes
doesn't mean that we can't still be sincere in our worship however we are
dressed. I BELIEVE IT IS SOMETHING  PERSONAL  EACH PERSON NEEDS TO DECIDE
FOR THEMSELVES & not try to push there opinion on anyone else  because as
long as it is modest Biblically it isn't a right or wrong issue( I am
telling this to myself too :) Hope you all can make sense out of this. I
probably should have waited till tomorrow to write this ( its late so I
am really tired)  but I have the time now even though I need to go to bed
:)
  TTYL
 Jeff