[GCFL-discuss] Putting Things into perspective

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Apr 27 20:39:37 CDT 2004

Dear Jeff,

I won't try to argue at length, because I know deeply held opinion don't
budge for a casual discussion. I am not a fan of Clinton. But his worst
errors were of a personal nature. He did have the good sense, remarkable
for a Democrat, to prepare to use the unprecedented surplus to pay off
the national debt. Bush assumed good times would roll forever, and put
the nation deeper into debt than its ever been. On September 12, 2001 the
whole world was rallying to us. Now, because of his fixation with Iraq,
we are increasingly isolated again. I can't think of any positive points
about Bush.