[GCFL-discuss] Old cowboy goes to church

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Apr 28 14:30:30 CDT 2004

Sorry Posh, I can NOT answer your question based off clothing! It's all about the HEART of the people and pastor. I've been to both sides and I gotta tell you 9 out of 10 times, those that are in what you call rags, are worshiping so deep and sincerely to God that it moves you. I've also been to a few "upscale" Churchs and man, I was discusted by what the pastor said and some of the actions of the formal dressed people there.

I'm quite certain that it's a matter of preference: Apple or orange, brocoli or cauliflower, etc. I prefer the Church that says come as you are. Not what you want us to think you are. Like what Rev Ev said, it's how you love that person that counts. Not what you wear.

God bless,
Lance

Please note: message attached

Let's say, one day you  walked into a 'church'.
In the first 'church' everyone is hanging around in t-shirts and jeans. They all seem to be very laid back. They look no different than if they were home. Everyone has their own way to come to 'church'.
The second 'church' you walk into, everyone is dressed up very nicely (casual dresses and business suits) Young and old alike. They all seem to be very laid back. Their faces look no different than if they were home.
After going to both 'churches'...which one would you feel was more serious about learning, setting an example to new ones who have never been there before, and are clean cut?
I work in an office, I have to wear business casual clothes to set an inviting atmosphere for new clients. Wouldn't that make sence to bring that sort of atmosphere to 'church'. BUT....because 'church' is is God's work...Doesn't it make sence to dress up even more? When you compare the two....which one should get higher devotion?
Let's say I do do what you do when it comes to 'church'. I dress down and wear what I want. In my heart, I would feel embarrest. When i know that I didn't give my best to God.

And no...no guys wear tuxes, except at weddings. Although it would be funny to see :)

Posh