[GCFL-discuss] Old cowboy goes to church

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Apr 29 08:16:29 CDT 2004

To sum up my whole point and end it with a closing thought...always remember-----Dress modestly.
 What you wear sends out a message to others. Back in Bible times, wearing certain styles of clothing branded a person as being immoral or promiscuous. (Proverbs 7:10) The same is often true today; tight, flashy, or revealing clothing can attract the wrong kind of attention. True, some may feel they have a right to wear whatever they desire. But as writer Elizabeth Powell puts it, "if you worked among people who believed stealing money was okay, I'd tell you not to wear your billfold on your hip. . . . You have to recognize the sickness of . . . society's attitudes and try to protect yourself from being victimized by them." The Bible's advice is thus up-to-date. It admonishes women to "adorn themselves in well-arranged dress, with modesty and soundness of mind." (1 Timothy 2:9) Dress modestly, and you may be less likely to be a target of abusive speech or actions in any place you go. At this scripture no dought goes for both men and women. The scripture does not say...just in
 'church'. It doesn't give a time or place. It should be all the time.

Posh

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net wrote:
Yes Posh, we would love on you no matter what clothing you wear. I'd prefer if you wouldn't put words in my mouth. I never labeled you, nore did I claim any self righteousness. I didn't ask you to join the band wagon.

I asked you to reconsider your stance that the clothing makes the worshiper. Because there is no Biblical verse you'll be able to quote to get any of us to believe that the clothing makes the worshiper.

I do dress up and sometimes I go comfortable. Never do I go as a slob, NEVER.

Thank you so much for saying this: "God does love the person..not the clothes."

Leave it at that!

God bless you,
Lance
John 8:32 "You will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."