[GCFL-discuss] Old cowboy goes to church

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Apr 29 13:05:03 CDT 2004

getting all biblical here....do you think that Moses was clean and immaculate when he went up the mount for the 10 commandments? After being in the wilderness for so long? hmmm....
Granted yes you should be clean and decent but I don't think you should be turned away for not being that way.
At my chuch, people dress formal....some of the younger ones...wear t-shirts every once in a while....some where nice summer dresses not the whole fancy, fuzzy, floucy stuff...
The only time you see EVERY one dress to the nines is on Easter and Christmas or during a christining of a child or confirmation....
Let me just add, there is two homeless people who come into our church, dirty, smelly and they sit and listen to the service...no one turns them away because they are dirty or smelly...and no they can't afford to buy clothes...does it make them unbelivers? or have the attitude that they can't serve God?
Nope....I didn't think so.