[GCFL-discuss] (no subject)

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Apr 29 16:10:25 CDT 2004

Hannah, no one's arguing the imodest clothing. The discussion or at least what I was discussing was if you HAVE/NEED to be wearing formal clothing or clean non-formal clothing to Church.

I would never argue for skanky clothing, NEVER. I can't stand it and see it as a stumbling block for boys/men in the Church.

Lance
All the people, lemme hear you give a holler:
IN GOD WE TRUST! IN GOD WE TRUST!
We stamp it on our penny, nickel, dime, quarter, dollar.
IN GOD WE TRUST! IN GOD WE TRUST!
-- "Indivisible" by Pillar

Please note: message attached

i just wanted to give my opinion on the clothes that we wear to church

i think that some who said that what you wear counts when you go to church is right

but the only thing is, is that if you don't have it you can't possibly wear it

if a homeless dirty guy walks into church, i would hope that some would have the sense to say to themselves "oh there goes that guy i see all the time on the street and i have so many clothes on my closet to spare maybe i can give one to him." or not even maybe just buy a clean nice ( it doesn't have to be expesive) and i guaranteed that he will be grateful and you yourself will feel better inside knowing you made a difference especially since when you learn in the bible that it is better to give than to receive

but with the case of someone who has nice clothes but just doesn't feel like it i really don't get but could understand

if someone who really loves God and His Word the Bible, then they would want what they wear to reflect such a heartfelt emotion

but i will have to admit there are those that wear the most expensive the best the cleanest clothes to church (not saying there's anything wrong with wearing expensive things)  just to show off to others that they have more than you do and they are better than you are and that is not showing brotherly love especially when you are in a place were you are trying to be sprirtual, they really don't know or love God and that's only possibly by reading the Bible

i will also have to admit that looks are deceiving because over the past months and last year we all have hear of the high trusted and respected ones in the churches that have been accused and convicted of horendous crimes that of course God would not look down with favor upon

i also don't think that dressing modestly should start and stop in the church, it should be at all times like if you are a girl known for wearing the shortest and tightest and lowest thing possible will people actually say you serve God and are spiritual?

so in conclusion i believe that if you truly love God and it is in your ability to wear things that reflect that love then why not? why should you wear what you want to church? because after all, you are going to church not only to please yourself but to let your God know that you love him and you show that by giving your time to listen to what His Word the Bible says and by conforming your life to the way that after reading the bible, you know best and one of them is modesty.

Do you really think that wearing tight mini shirts and very low and tight shirts for girls and dirty suits for guys really shows that you serve a clean God or even that you are being modest in your dressing? Because the Bible does say that you should dress modestly and in reverence to God.

hannah