[GCFL-discuss] T'was the week after Christmas

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Dec 30 20:12:09 CST 2004

Nice perspective Quama.

Originally, our bodies accumulated fat because we needed it, either to
survive future periods when food was scarce, or to burn up when we HAD to
do heavy physical labor if we expected another meal.

I refuse on principle to use a snow blower or a power lawn mower, I don't
own a car, and I eat whatever I want. (I am also blessed with taste buds
that yearn for fresh vegetables as well as fried meats and crunchy
breads, and my taste in candy is almost exclusively chocolate, which
brings down cholesterol).

When I ride a bicycle to a supermarket, it is thrilling to know that I am
saving money twice over: once on the car/insurance/gas/repairs, and again
on the gym where other people pay to ride an exercycle without going
anywhere.