[GCFL-discuss] Super Bowl "OOPS!"

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Feb 4 20:15:55 CST 2004

       I agree whole heartidly Rev ev.  ( Being a jackson didn't help)
 JEff
 Pa

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:28:43 EST gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net writes:
John, I agree with you about MTV.   MTV and lots of others have  pushed
the envelope with regards to decency.   I also agree that the incident
was not an accident.  As a matter of fact, I saw a part of Janet's
apology this morning.  She stated that it was not meant to offend and she
did indeed change the way the performance was supposed to end, etc., etc.

I am going to file a complaint with the AFA.  But not so much because of
this one incident.  It is because of the low level entertainment has
reached period.  What happened Sunday was not good by any means;  but I
find the opinions and actions of television networks, the music industry
bigwigs, the Grammy Association, etc. all "hypocritical".  I find it hard
to believe they are so "outraged" at this because of what I see and hear
on a regular basis on TV and the radio.  Madonna and Brittney lip
locking, Christina Aguilera's nakedness and super-sensual videos,
Madonna's naked behind showing, (thong thing going on)
the explicit lyrics in gangsta rap, contestants on Big Brother having sex
on the show, ...need I go on?  These people are not shocked.  They are
making BIG $$$ from it...and it will continue downhill unless we make
some noise about it.  This type of behavior is considered "normal"
nowadays and it will get worse because everyone wants to outdo the other
guy because garbage sells in America!  The filthier/over the top it is,
the more attention it gets.  If we take a stance against it, stop buying
the junk, stop letting our children watch and listen to it - get on our
soap box and voice our opinions about it, sign petitions for decency - I
mean MAKE SOME NOISE, maybe those of us who are pro-decency ("the squeaky
wheel") will get some attention and prayerfully get some things changed.
Just "my" opinion folks.

God bless you abundantly today and always!

"Rev. Ev"

P.S. - I don't think being a "Jackson" helped her any either.