[GCFL-discuss] FW: 8 th grade final 1895

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Feb 20 20:33:34 CST 2004

Eagle

Yes I agree, however since the transistor came into being, simple math is
almost  impossible for some kids. We have seniors coming through the lunch
lines that can't count money, for real... The district where I work allows
hand held calculators in the classroom. All of the stores that you go to
have cash registers that tell how much money to give back as change, some
registers even automatically count coin. I sometimes wonder how we make
rocket sciences, but we do and some very good ones to.

In all fairness to today's kids, we, in the food service department only
take note of the ones that give us a hard time. The 1 percenters.

That test comes around  about every 10 years or so, this is the first time
that I,ve seen it on the internet.

If I can find it, I'll post the rules for teachers  from around that period.
Their fun to read