[GCFL-discuss] Judicial Oxymoron

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Feb 24 21:17:34 CST 2004

Yep That sounds about right...

Dave
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
  To: Shirley Heit
  Cc: Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List
  Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 7:23 PM
  Subject: [GCFL-discuss] Judicial Oxymoron

  Let's see if we have this figured out . . .
  DEFINITION: "Oxymoron". A rhetorical figure of speech or action in which
  apparently incongruous or contradictory terms are combined.
  EXAMPLE: "Oxymoron". Removing the ten commandments from a courthouse while
  making people inside that courthouse swear on the bible to tell
  the truth and nothing but the truth . . . so help me God."
  "Adversity and pain have a way of ridding our lives of falseness.  We are
  then better able to fill the emptiness with truth."
                           -Dennis De Haan

  Thought you might find this interesting.
  Frank