[GCFL-discuss] Check this out

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Jan 13 15:00:16 CST 2004

You can not figure out where the exra person comes from by watching it on the computer.  I printed it out and cut it exactly how it shifts.  When I did that and move it slowly I found that the key is in the guy on the bottom left (the first guy in the row).  When it starts you have 12 people with 12 heads.  When it gets cut across the center the very top of the left most guys head get cut but leaves the rest in tack.  The top of his head replaces the head of one of the others that gets cut.  That is where the "extra person" comes from.  It is just how they get shifted.  When you print it and you shift it the paper is not square but is offset.  You cant tell this when you watch the movement because you are seeing white on white.  Kind of a long explanation and possibly confusing but it was the easiest way i could think of explaining it.

Eric
NY