[GCFL-discuss] NEW SUBJECT 60's STYLES FADS ect.

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Jan 23 22:50:05 CST 2004

Taken from http://www.fiftiesweb.com/fashion/hippie-clothes.htm

Eagle

How to Dress Like a Hippie
1. Do have a flower. I know the song says "in your hair" but the truth is
that it's hard to get the things to stay put.

2. No flower? Go for the Pocahontas headband.

3. Hair is long and "unkempt looking." (My mother's words) But it is clean.
Yes, we washed our hair. Hey, deep down we were Baby Boomers from suburbia.

4. Women could wear a mini or even micro skirt provided she had decent legs.
A chain belt was groovy. Boots or go-go boots were okay too.

5. Men - Jeans, the grungier the better. Leather vests were big too.

6. Fringe - for all. Vest, jackets, pants, shirts. Anything could be
fringed.

7. Peace symbol. Every last one of us had at least one peace symbol.