[GCFL-discuss] Made In Mexico

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Jul 8 13:38:39 CDT 2004

       Hey guys THIS IS NOT an attempt to start a political discussion.
We have all been through those before :) We  all know the positives of
what Kerry wants to do. I always like to to at both sides  & both point
of views wether or not I think one way or another because sometimes I can
see a few things I may have " overlooked" . I recieved the e-mail below &
thought It might interest some of you. Like I said I  write in peace :)
 Jeff

Subject: FW: Made In Mexico

Look at the label of a jar of Heinz sandwich slice pickles.
Yep...."Made in Mexico". Check some of your Heinz product labels.

Sen. John Kerry keeps talking about U.S. corporations leaving this
country and setting up shop in foreign countries, taking thousands of
jobs with them.  He is right, because that has happened.

However, he is trying to blame it on George W. Bush.  As far as I know,
Bush has not moved one factory out of this country, because he  is  not
the owner of  a  large factory.

That cannot be said about Kerry and his wife, Teresa Heinz-Kerry.
According to the Wall Street Journal, the Kerry's own 32 factories in
Europe and 18 in Asia and the Pacific.  In addition, their company, the
Heinz Company, leases four factories in Europe and four in Asia.

They own 27 factories in North America, some of which are in Mexico and
the Caribbean.  80% of Heinz products are made overseas.  I wonder how
many hundreds of American workers lost their jobs when these plants
relocated in foreign countries.

I also wonder if the workers in Mexico and Asia are paid the same wages
and benefits as workers in the United States.  Of course they're not.
However, Kerry demands that other companies that relocate should pay the
same benefits they did in the U.S.  Why does he not demand this of the
Heinz Company, since he is married to the owner?

If Kerry is elected, will he and his wife close all those foreign
factories and bring all those jobs back to America?  Of course they
won't.  They're making millions off that cheap labor.

Please e-mail to all you know. What a mistake IT COULD BE  with him in
office.....
Something to think about!!!!