[GCFL-discuss] Mickey D

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Jun 2 08:38:48 CDT 2004

Dave, I am sure that if my kids are out and about they will buy sugar and
junk.  I let my kids get a candy at the checkout on the weekends, but at
home I have apples and bananas, etc in the house.  Vegetables, we have a
garden.  I don't deprive them of things they really like such as sherbert
(they don't know it's not the same as fattening ice cream) and every now and
then we go out for pizza and a movie.  I do however cook (well my husband
cooks) a meal every night with vegetables, meat and a side such as mashed
potatoes or rice.  I do not allow them to drink soda (unless of course we
are at a birthday party and that is all they are offering).  They get juice,
milk, or lemonade.  In the schools in my area they have taken the pop
machines out and replaced them with Fruitopia machines, and there aren't any
vending machines that sell candy.  For the most part we are safe.  I know
what they serve in the elementary school for breakfast and lunch because
they send me a menu every month.  I don't mind what my kids eat there.  I
believe that the high school would probably be different.  When I was in
High School we had three lines, the regular hot lunch line, the pizza line
and the salad line.  I don't know what they are serving these days, though.
:)
Yolanda Cruz
Office Manager/Executive Assistant
Business for Life