[GCFL-discuss] Just the facts

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sun Jun 13 21:01:46 CDT 2004

I don't want to ignite a running debate on the Reagans, just posed a
counter-point to the myth of univeral admiration in the media. I only
read about Pat Brown's accomplishments, I know how silly Jerry "Me The
People" Brown was. I didn't hear anything in the last posting about WHAT
Reagan did for California, and not a hint that he ever did anything good
for the country. I know that a fair number of Democrats voted for him --
that is why there were so many undecided voters up to the last days of
the 1980 election: a whole lot of people who couldn't believe they would
actually vote for Reagan, but really didn't like what they had seen of
Carter. Afterward, we heard that Reagan's team was making promises to
Iran, which could best be fulfilled if the release of the hostages was
delayed until after the votes were in.