[GCFL-discuss] I led the pigeons...

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Jun 21 10:09:03 CDT 2004

Good question Layne, I figured someone would ask.
Siarlys, that was a good guess.

We (Orthodox Jews) treat His Name as holy, and must avoid profaning it or
destroying it.  When holy books, such as Bibles, prayer books, etc, get worn
out, they have to be buried.
It does not matter what language it is in.
To utter G-d's Name in an unclean place (I.e., a bathroom) or to write it on
a paper which will be discarded would violate this law.
I keep a small prayer book in my pocket.  When I enter a bathroom, I remove
it.
To avoid inadvertently violating this, we never say or write the Name in
informal conversation or writings.
Writing it on a computer screen probably does not violate the law, but
habits are habits.

greenBubble

 Subject: Re: [GCFL-discuss] I led the pigeons...

greenbubble,
just out of curiosity, why do you type "G-d" instead of "God"
just wondering... layne