[GCFL-discuss] of religions and sorts

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon May 3 12:13:09 CDT 2004

Ok, dare I touch this subject? ...

I lived in Utah, Mormon headquarters for those who don't know, for 8 years.

The Mormons believe that the Trinity came down to Joseph Smith and gave him golden plates which were the "book of Mormon". Once he was done recording them They took them back. Now the funny thing is that book had its intro re-written a minimum of 4 times. Smith first said the Holy Spirit, then re-wrote it God, then again to Christ, then to all three of them. They then trekked out to the West to make a Mormon nation state stretching all the way from Mexico to Canada, and the USA wouldn't let them. Finally after I don't know how many years they finally shrunk down to what we now have as Utah. When Joseph Smith died the members broke into two sects. Those who believed his son was to take over and they headed up to Idaho and those who followed Brigham Young stayed in Utah.

At some point, a peddler sold a Mormon a papyrus script (before the Rosetta stone was found), and the Mormon's claimed it to be the book of Moses. Once the Rosetta stone was found, someone translated it and it was actually telling an Egyptian queen how to get to the afterlife. Low and behold the papyrus script disappeared without a trace, go figure.

Another interesting fact: the farmer Joseph Smith asked to sell his farm to fund the making the first of the “Book of Mormon” asked for a scholar to write him a certified letter telling him this was all legit. When the Gentleman who was asked to do this got all the info, he wrote a very urgent letter to the farmer telling him NOT to do it. That it was totally bogus. Sadly by the time the letter got to the farmer, the farmer had already sold his farm. Thus the start of the publication of the “Book or Mormon”.

God bless you,
Lance
All the people, lemme hear you give a holler:
IN GOD WE TRUST! IN GOD WE TRUST!
We stamp it on our penny, nickel, dime, quarter, dollar.
IN GOD WE TRUST! IN GOD WE TRUST!
-- "Indivisible" by Pillar

Please note: message attached
This has always had me puzzled......
Religions
Each religion has a diff. belief....
Seven days
Catholics
Jehovah's
Mormons......
Any Mormons here?
If so...can anyone tell me about the Mormon bible....
why is there more than one bible?

sam