[GCFL-discuss] Marriage

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu May 6 01:27:37 CDT 2004

      Yolanda,
 I apologize for not writing sooner. I believe that in an abusive case
that is one of the reason's. It really depends on the circumstance.( This
is all stuff I have observed & situations I have seen before   & also
through reading the Bible have come to these conclusions. I might not be
married but I observe a lot of things & read a lot so I am not the
dumbest person when it comes to this subject.  For example  Jack might
treat his wife Jill like junk, He might " walk all over her like she is a
rug". He might treat her like a slave & he might just be totally stubborn
& set in his ways selfish, & not think about her. In cases like that well
then a woman needs to stand up to a certain extent for  there rights as a
human. The other thing a married person once told me was that it doesn't
always help to get " huffy" & that you need to talk things out.  Some
churches I have been to talked all about the wife having to obey the
husband but they never talked about the way Christ teaches the husband to
respect & love their wives ! The wife needs to respect the husband as the
leader of the home but the husband is also obligated to make the wife
feel loved ect......  I forget which chapter & verse in the Bible but is
says for the husbands to love respect their wives.. WAIT HERE I just
found it on my Bible program...  Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even
as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
 Col 3:19 Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
(KJV)
          Those are the two main ones I could find but I am sure there
are more....
          Hope you could understand everything I wrote :)   ( I always do
my e-mail late cause thats when I have the most time so I almost fall
asleep while typing & sometimes what I type doesn't make sense when I am
tired  :)  If I missed any of your questions or if you have any more feel
free to ask.
 Jeff