[GCFL-discuss] salvation by...

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu May 13 23:38:18 CDT 2004

hi lyne,

you asked about faith and works.

well I will not start by justification. I will start with what i can my simple foundation of belief.

Christ-God's son came to earth and experienced everything we do as humans. he was tempted, lived life as a normal man and yet he had a greater destiny. that of dying as a Passover lamb for us. he was without sin and yet he died for us that we may have everlasting life(symbolism is the Passover lamb that used to signify the deliverance of Israel from Egyptian rule)

for me this is the guiding principle. that I have to profess that indeed he did die for my sins that I may have everlasting life(john 3:16 onwards)

when we accept and profess this, then we have to life accordingly. for it is not good that we just blabber some words but live according to these words.in this way as we say that we are saved/Christian then we are continuously doing the things that Christ tells us to do. this is why Paul tells us that faith without works is dead. we have to live our lives actively as Christians. we cannot just wait for the coming of Christ, but we have a job to do.

in Matthew 28: 16-20 is what is called the great commission. we are asked to be active as Christians ant tell others about the love of Christ and what his death means to mankind. this is where works applies, for we cannot convince others of what we believe if we cannot live and do it.

sorry for the lengthy tirade but I hope that this answers your question.

Christine