[GCFL-discuss] SKY HIGH PRICES

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu May 13 21:16:35 CDT 2004

On Thu, 13 May 2004 00:00:54 -0700 gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net writes:
>           Has anyone  noticed how highly priced everything is right
>now? FOOD,GAS, Clothes EVERYTHING is sky high. Didn't know if anyone
knew
>why?  thought maybe it had to do with election year.
>        Jeff

The high cost of everything is what is funding the so-called economic
recovery. Those who are recovering first saved money by laying off many
of the rest of us (therefore the "jobless recovery" and now are
continuing to improve the bottom line by raising the prices we must pay
with the income we have left. It doesn't do the majority much good, but
it certainly provides George Bush's biggest campaign contributors with
extra liquid cash to fork over for an encore.

(To be balanced, I am sure the charitable trust Theresa Heinz Kerry runs
is also improving its liquidity).