[GCFL-discuss] salvation by...

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue May 18 20:22:15 CDT 2004

On Mon, 17 May 2004 22:02:13 -0700 gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net writes:

>Siarlys, I cannot she just claimed that everything Christ did, is
>ignorable and can be saved by someother means. That's not what Christ
>spoke. If there was any other way to find salvation in Christ, Christ
>wouldn't have died for EVERYONE.
>
>God bless,
>Lance
>John 8:32 "You will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."

Dear Lance,

You missed my point. But first, let me clear up one minor detail. Siarlys
is a male name, not a female name. It happens to be in Welsh, one of the
languages of part of my ancestors. Most of us made a similar mistake
about another writer's gender a few weeks ago, so now its my turn.

Anyway, I never said you can ignore anything Christ did, nor did I say
you can be saved by "some other means." I referred to some things that
JESUS SAID which indicate that profession of faith IN Christ is not the
only way to be saved. There are people who are not Christians who are
going to be saved, because Jesus said so.

Arguments like this arise because of a perverse human desire to take
scripture and revelation, which is too deep for us to ever get a complete
understanding in our puny minds all at once and hold it there, but we TRY
to explain it all, or we demand that our religious leaders GIVE us a
comprehensive explanation. Jesus said many things that at first glance
seem to be contradictory. You can write him off as a madman, or you can
squeeze his church into a written doctrine, or you can simply relax and
try to understand what you can, when you need it most, fellowship with
those you can find some accord with, and not worry too much about other
people focusing on other parts of the revelation or seeing it from a
different angle.

"My ways are not your ways" -- I can't put my finger on where that is,
but I'm sure you have seen it sometime.