[GCFL-discuss] Discards

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sun May 23 19:47:52 CDT 2004

On Sat, 22 May 2004 23:22:47 -0700 gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net writes:
>Wait a second, are you saying without a relationship without Christ,
>that Jesus Christ would accept them? NOW who's discarding the gospels?!
>
>Dajasgalendam Mauschu

Where in any of the four gospels are the words "relationship with Christ"
used? That phrase comes from post-Resurrection interpretation, trying to
understand and explain the meaning of Jesus birth, death and everlasting
life. What then IS a "relationship with Christ"? It is anything that
Jesus defined it as. It is not the recitation of a prayer, the repetition
of a phrase, or membership in a church. If I were to try to write every
possible meaning of everything Jesus said on the subject, it would take
enough books to fill the whole world, and futhermore, I would be wrong
about half the time. Buy Jesus definitely did not limit it to people who
profess the Christian faith, although Peter and Paul and John may have
implied that.