[GCFL-discuss] WW II Stories

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sun May 23 19:55:51 CDT 2004

When I was a child, all the movies and TV shows had World War II themes.
One of my friends had a story about how his father walked through a mine
field in the Philippines (he didn't know it until he got across). Another
friend's father had a German helmet with a bullet hole through it that he
brought back from Europe as a souvenir. All I had to tell was that my
father finished basic training at Great Lakes Naval, and was sent to
Corpus Christi Texas to train radio operators. Someone had to do it, but
I wanted my father to have a more exciting story for me to tell my
friends.