[GCFL-discuss] Reasoning

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sun May 23 19:53:03 CDT 2004

On Sat, 22 May 2004 23:24:06 -0700 gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net writes:
>Sounds like human reasoning to me!
>
>Dajas

This entire discussion has been human reasoning, because once you try to
understand what a Biblical passage MEANS, instead of just repeating the
words, you are using your own reasoning. The Nicene Council was nothing
but human reasoning. The discussions about which scriptures to include in
the Bible and which to leave out were human reasoning. (That is why the
Roman Catholics have 72 books, Protestants have 66, Coptics have 83, and
the Pentateuch is part of the Quran). I know what the Bible tells me, but
somehow you seem to find a different meaning than I do sometimes. I don't
know if God really prefers one reading over the other, but I know I
cannot judge yours, and you cannot judge mine.