[GCFL-discuss] WW II Stories

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue May 25 09:47:07 CDT 2004

Awesome Greenbubble! I love these old stories!

I have a friend who's neighbor lied about his age to fight in WWII. The neighbor found himself guarding POW's. At one point he got such a large head he started mouthing off to a German POW. "If you're so big and tough, why are you sitting here?" Unflinching, the German replied, while smoking his cigarette, "American tank come over hill, we shoot, he die, another American tank come over hill, we shoot, he die, till we ran out of bullets." Never once did the German even seem worried that the only reason he was caught was because he ran out of ammo, not because of American skill, but American numbers.

Lance
All the people, lemme hear you give a holler:
IN GOD WE TRUST! IN GOD WE TRUST!
We stamp it on our penny, nickel, dime, quarter, dollar.
IN GOD WE TRUST! IN GOD WE TRUST!
-- "Indivisible" by Pillar

-- gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net wrote:

My late father was a radioman in the navy, Pacific theatre.  He fired fifty
rounds in boot camp and never fired again.  He never even loaded his gun.
He also never let my siblings or me play with toy guns.  Someone once gave
us plastic guns and my father melted them on the radiator.

His favorite stories were about the time that he went to a bar with his pals
and they all got drunk but he didn't.  How he made friends with the biggest
anti-Semite on the ship.

greenBubble