[GCFL-discuss] Throwing stones

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sat Oct 2 14:44:06 CDT 2004

I expect Kerry to disappoint me, but I expect to be throwing different stones at Kerry than the ones I am throwing at Bush. I expect to feel that our nation is safer, that our liberties are much safer, that the rule of law, and equal justice for all are somewhat safer. I expect Kerry to play it safe on a number of domestic issues where a bold new initiative could releive us of a lot of hot-tempered fluff in our politics. I expect him to be complacent about poverty, I expect him to do too little for the next generations of children I see every day. I expect that on any issue where justice requires taking a stand that is initially unpopular, or simply not an issue that will attract votes and campaign donations, he will let it lie. That will leave me feeling much better than if Bush is re-elected. Then, I would fear for the very future of my country, or at least of all the blessings that make it worthwhile to be an American.

Siarlys

P.S. We will all be somewhat disappointed by any new president, simply because no person will agree with any one of us on everything. My ideal candidate would have John Edward's personality, and my opinions.