[GCFL-discuss] Life Stats

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Oct 12 14:30:57 CDT 2004

Yet at the same time Matthew, when I lost my job because I red flagged an upper manager for cursing CUSTOMERS and Employees, Unemployment wasn't willing to help me at all. They led me on for 2 months before finally telling me no. I think the system at whole is failing.

Lance
All the people, lemme hear you give a holler:
IN GOD WE TRUST! IN GOD WE TRUST!
We stamp it on our penny, nickel, dime, quarter, dollar.
IN GOD WE TRUST! IN GOD WE TRUST!
-- "Indivisible" by Pillar

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:42:25 -0500, gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
<gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net> wrote:
> I just read an article by Mark W. Roche, a dean at Note Dame University,
> needless to say a Catholic, and naturally, firm in condemning abortion.
>
> He notes that the traditional Democratic concern with the social safety
> net makes it easier for pregnant women to make responsible decisions and
> for young life to flourish. The world's lowest abortion rates are in
> Belgium and the Netherlands, where abortion is legal but the welfare
> state strong, and the world's highest rates are in Latin America, where
> almost all abortions are illegal, and poverty rampant.
>
> Finally, more or less as I have been saying "The oral condemnation of
> abortion need not lead to the conclusion that criminal prosecution is the
> best way to limit the number of abortions."
>
> Siarlys

To summarize, in order to reduce the number of unborn babies murdered,
we should embrace the activity, make it legal, and forcably take money
from the people that work and give it to those that don't.  Sure,
makes sense.   By that logic, to reduce murder in general, we simply
need to make it completely legal to murder people and give those prone
to such activity a big hug and a check every month.

Just to note, I'm not completely against wellfare.  Certainly we all
need help of some kind at some point or another.  The system
definately needs major revision though.  I am against having my money
forcably taken through taxes and given to someone that could easily be
working if they wanted to.  From what I've seen, the current wellfare
system, at least here in Washington, leads to an aweful lot of people
that make no effort at all.

--
Matthew