[GCFL-discuss]Money grows on trees

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Sep 24 17:07:19 CDT 2004

Deal in Congress to Keep Tax Cuts,
Widening Deficit
By EDMUND L. ANDREWS
Lawmakers agreed to extend $145 billion worth of tax cuts
sought by President Bush without trying to pay for them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/23/politics/23tax.html?th

This is so typical of George Bush's childish Christmas-morning attitude
toward fiscal responsibility. In 2000, we were on the verge of paying off
the national debt for the first time since my grandparents were children.
Now we are in record deficits. What kind of Republican would do that?