[GCFL-discuss] FW: Sorry, I can't break this one!

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sat Jul 9 22:09:49 CDT 2005

You are absolutely right about supporting the troops Rev. Ev.

It is a lot easier to do if we are all behind the mission they are sent
on, but it is equally sound if the mission is completely bogus. We can
take that out on the leaders who got us into the mess, but not on the
troops sent into battle.

Few people would deny that we need to have armed forces to insure our
survival.

Therefore, someone has to be in the armed forces.

Whoever that is, they are serving in place of and on behalf of all of us.

(The alternative is a grand levee, or, every able bodied citizen in the
army.)

As long as we have armed forces, whatever government we have is going to
be directing their use. If our government gets us into a tangled mess for
poor reasons or wrong motives, until that is corrected, someone is going
to be on the line. All of us, or some of us. If it is only some of us,
all the rest of us owe them support and respect.

Siarlys

P.S. I do believe that what our troops need more than anything else is a
competent commander in chief with some minimum of strategic
understanding, and anyone who met that description would not have gotten
us into the position we are in with Iraq. But they still deserve our
prayers regardless.