[GCFL-discuss] Fw: Re: Opening

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Jul 25 19:50:58 CDT 2005

Here's the rest of the passage:

Matthew 25:31-46

31"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he
will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32All the nations will be gathered
before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd
separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and
the goats on his left.

    34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are
blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you
since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me
something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a
stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was
sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

    37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry
and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see
you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When
did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

    40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one
of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

    41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are
cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I
was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me
nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed
clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not
look after me.'

    44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty
or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help
you?'

    45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one
of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

    46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to
eternal life."

~Quama