[GCFL-discuss] Covet? What is that ?

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Mar 1 13:49:55 CST 2005

Rev. Ev
I guess the key words you mentioned to determine if it is a "covet" situation -  is if you  desire something in a sinful way.  I wouldn't wish the trouble King David brought on himself on anybody, including myself.  Much too much!
On the other hand I think about shopping, now that's another story.
I think of the times have I seen something a friend has and I go out and buy the same thing.
If I see something enough times, that I really like, there stands a good chance I'll start to want one too.   Is that to covet?  What do you think?
Carla
  Subject: Re: [GCFL-discuss] Covet? What is that ?

  Covet means to be jealous of or to desire in a 'sinful' way.
  EX: King David saw Bathsheba, who was Uriah's wife, desired her (lusted) and took her while Uriah was away - impregnated her and finally had Uriah killed to cover his sin.  Read II Sam. 11.

  Hope this helps you.

  God bless you abundantly today and always!

  "Rev. Ev"