[GCFL-discuss] Covet? What is that ?

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Mar 1 16:34:42 CST 2005

This discussion reminds me of a trap that I think a lot of
Christians fall into: legalism.  Don't get me wrong; I'm
not saying any of you are being legalistic.

In my opinion, God didn't lay down the ten commandments
nor the other "rules" of the bible because he wanted us to
grade each other on how well we follow the rules, or to
use them to beat each other up with, or to somehow punish
us or keep us from having as much fun.  These commandments
and rules are there because God knows what's best for us.
He knows better than any of us the end result of coveting
or stealing or murder.

I compare it to how parents have rules for their kids. You
don't tell your child not to play in the street in order
to punish them or lessen their joy in life, right? You
tell them not to play in the street because you know what
the danger is and that it is best for their safety and
well being.

--
"Dogs feel very strongly that they should always go with
you in the car, in case the need should arise for them to

Have a great day and don't forget to laugh!

http://www.gcfl.net (The Good, Clean Funnies List): Good,
clean daily funnies you can safely tell your Mom!