[GCFL-discuss] looking forward to thursday

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Mar 14 19:48:49 CST 2005

I agree wholeheartedly with the unappetizing sound of the green milk. I
think that I too will stick to the brown and white versions. However, I
doubt the die will change the taste or anything. Be wild!! Go crazy!!

I'm wondering how St. Patty's Day became an excuse for people to get
ridiculously drunk and for banks to take a day off. How does that possible
celebrate what Patrick did for the Irish people?

Now, I live in an area with much Irish influence. St. Patrick's Day is
pretty big here, but the only things that happen are the wearing of green,
possibly speaking in an Irish accent on occasion throughout the day, banks
being closed on Monday, and copious quantities of alcohol consumption.

~Quama