[GCFL-discuss] Re: New Advance Directive

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon May 9 21:29:06 CDT 2005

On Mon, 9 May 2005 17:09:42 -0700 gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net writes:
I couldn't disagree more strongly with your forward, Siarlys.
I don't even feel like making comments.  I just didn't want people to
think that we are all in agreement.
Jeanene

Dear Jeanene,

I hardly expected we would all agree. If we did, there would be nothing
to discuss. Also, I would miss the opportunity to learn from you, either,
(1) some perspective I had missed, or, (2) how to better sharpen my own
understanding of my own belief in the face of your challenge to it.

But, I am missing these benefits because you "don't even feel like making
comments." There must be some sound reason, rational, morale, or
something, why you disagree.

Siarlys

P.S. Of course I know your position on the Schiavo case. But in response
to the specific item I forwarded: exactly how much do you want
politicians intervening in your life, in the decisions you choose to make
for yourself? When you turn to the law to get what you want, or think to
be right, you have to consider what principle of law, what authority you
are establishing, and how it may be used in the future.